12-07-97
I have not received any response from either this list or the Care list
regarding several questions we recently submitted, and we do need advice.
The question is actually two part.  First, my husband, my PWP, made his
first visit to see a neurologist this past Thursday.  He is taking John off
of Senemet and putting him on Requip.  I understood the instructions to be
decrease the Senemet to 1 25/100 tab Senemet 2X a  day for 2 weeks.
Decrease Senemet again to 1/2 25/100 tab 2X a day for two weeks.  Then
begin Requip as directed on the introductory package:  1 0.25 mg tab 3X day
for one week and so on.  I have seen here on this list that people are
taking the two medications at the same time decreasing one and increasing
the other.  Is that the correct way?  Is that what all of you have done?
Have we misunderstood the neurologist and had I better check with him
again?  Second, have any of you experienced psychological problems when you
started decreasing the Senemet?  Somewhat severe psychological problems?
Is this to be expected and endured or should I be contacting our doctor
again?  If anyone receives this and can help, please answer.  Many thanks,
Betty