Welcome to the list Les.

I've experienced all the secondary symptoms that you describe for PD.

Re minor emotional events, I find that reading children's stories can set
them off. I suppose that it can be described as positive. I find the time
in the evening when my medications are starting to wear off and I'm slowing
down to be a good time to read to my 7 year old son.  But when my
medications wear off, sometimes I'll be reading something to him like the
story of William Tell or
Robin Hood, I'll have to stop and regroup when I start to choke up.  But he
likes the stories and maybe it's good that Parkinson's loosens up my
feelings.