Don (Juan!)  I agree with your doctor who does not want to save money and
cause unneeded pain and suffering.  Many times you can use a generic product
which is exactly as effective as the name brand. BUT  the difference in the
price must be saved  in various ways. It could be less customer service, less
convenient packaging, less information available to the doctor or the patient.
Maybe not as much quality control, so one pill might disolve faster or slower
than the next.  Maybe the business office of the generic company is not as
fancy, so who cares? But what if  the small differences  in the medication
cause a big difference for the patient? What if you are off another few
minutes, after a generic Sinimet, and fall down the stairs? Generics have
their place, it is better for people who can't afford the best, to have
something.
If you want to put cheap gasoline in a worn out old car, I don't blame you,
but you only get one body per person, so treat it well!  P.S. I don't work for
a drug company, so I have only a personal interest in this, I want my family,
friends and myself to be as healthy as possible. [log in to unmask]