Captain Lurker has returned.  By that I mean we're back from an online hiatus.
This PC has been refusing to recognize its modem for the past 6 weeks or so.
I've been dinking with the myriad settings to see if Mr. Fixit could find the
problem.  It may have been a self-inflicted injury as I might have bumped the
wrong button when my hands were "off".  Whatever, after hours of fiddling and
tweaking, I finally discovered that, illogically, for the modem to work on
COM2, I had to disable COM2 in the Setup page.(??????)
I have a little input on RLS in another post.  Missed you'uns!
Don in W. PA