>I would be interested in anyone else has expercienced  rhe same
>feelings.
>
>Lanier Maddux    Chattanooga n

I too experience the "choking up" in minor emotional situations.  I have
never been
known as a very openly emotional person.  Today in situations that involve a
little
sadness I break down into tears very easily and my voice chokes up completely.
As I think about it , I remember a couple of incidents of it happening
before I was
diagnosed.  My retirement talks were a disaster.  Two weeks ago I visited with
my good friend who has brain cancer.  The scene ended up being two unemotional
type grandfathers, hugging each other and crying--neither one able to talk.
This is
not easy to accept in a society where we were raised to believe that "real
men" don't cry.

I am normally an upbeat, positive person and fortunately do not have
depressions.
This crying business is still strange to me. I am not comfortable with it but
I do accept it as one of the "parkie perks".

  Erv Birzer