hi all

the topic of parkies craving sweets has come up several times
many of us are 'addicted' to ice cream
and/or chocolate
and/or both

personally, i have a much stronger 'sweet tooth' than pre-pd

i have wondered whether it is related to the slight hint of nausea
that sinemet causes to lurk around in the background [for me, anyway]

the issue of sugar 'helping' the absorption of sinemet
has come up before as well

many of us take our meds with sweet drinks for better 'absorption'

since pubmed wasn't available then
i decided to do a quick search and came up with very little

i have just posted three abstracts that are related to sugar

the german one is the only one i found
that refers to sugar helping the absorption of l-dopa
but, interestingly, it mentions the blood-brain barrier
not the digestive system

it seems odd that no other studies have been done
[or at least none that i can find]

your sweet syber syblyng

janet

janet [log in to unmask]