My husband Ron was diagnosed with Parkinson's 5 years ago, although we are
sure that he has had it for about 8 years.  He is 65 years old.
It started with tremors in his right leg, then it moved to his left leg and
slight tremors in his right hand.  He takes Sinemet CR 200/50, 1 tablet 4
times a day
                                         Levodopa/Carbidopa 100/25 1 tablet
in the morning
                                         Bromocriptine 2.5mg-12 tablets
daily
                                          Domperidone 10mg - 1 tablet 4
times a day
                                         Vasotec 5mg - 1 tablet daily
Lately he has been having quite a lot of difficulty with off periods,
therefore his quality of life has been declining.  He is a patient at the
Movement Disorders Clinic at U.B.C. in Vancouver, B.C.  Last Friday he
started on Tolcapone, 1 tablet 4 times a day.  The improvement in his
condition is just unbelievable.  His off periods have all but disappeared,
his energy level has much improved, he is back to his old self again.  He
even looks so much better.  He has had no side effects yet,  we understand
that not everyone suffers with side effects, so we are keeping are fingers
crossed at the moment.

Bev Keegan

bkeegan@smartt,com