>Hello,
>
>Thursday (Dec 18) my husband, David, to have shoulder surgery again.  18
>months ago he had surgery on his right shoulder. This is the left.
>
>My question is this:  Is there additional information about hospitalization
>& medications to avoid?   Is there information about what anesthetics/pain
>relievers that are a problem with Mirapex?  I believe the doctor gave David
>Demerol intramuscularly & Morphine via a pump for pain after the last
>surgery.
>
>From the last surgery we have Mitchell Mills hospital information and Meds
>to Avoid from R Weeks.  Since then, David has gone from Sinemet CR to
>generic sinemet and has increased the dosage some.  A few months ago David
>also went on Mirapex.  1 tablet 3x a day.

Brenda-- Demerol is  dangerous IF he is on Eldepryl, but probably OK if he is
not on it.  Morphine and other opiates are not supposed to be good for
PWPs...I think that they compete for the dopamine receptors--Peter's
experience and other things I've read suggest they should be avoided.  Good
luck!

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*