----------
> From: 3putts <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Talcapone
> Date: December 16, 1997 3:17 AM
>
> Dear Bev,
>
> I read your note on the Parkinsn List with great interest.  My husband,
47
> yrs old, diagnosed 5 years ago (but he too is sure that he had PD for
> several years prior to diagnoses).  Bob too has been having a horrible
time
> lately, he even had a pallidotomy on Sept. 26, 1997.  The surgery seemed
> success but very short lived.  Not only is he so frozen, tremor much much
> worse, but the worst part is his terrible anxiety and restlessness.
>
> Did your husband suffer with terrible anxiety/restlessness?  How were you
> able to get talcapone?  Is it approved in your country?  Did you see
> improvement immediately?  I am so happy for you, I think I know the exact
> suffering he and you have been going through.  I will pray for you both.
> Bob and I will be seeing the neurologist this afternoon, I hope he can do
> something to help Bob.
>
> Write back if you have time.
>
> Sincerely,
>
>               Jackie Gilman

  Dear Jackie

  Ron has never suffered with anxiety/restlessness.  His main problem has
been tremor in his legs and lately in his right hand.  He has also suffered
from a lot of stomach problems in the last year or so.
He attends the Movement Disorder Clinic at UBC in Vancouver, BC and was
prescribed Tolcapone by his neuro there.  It was only approved  in Canada
at the end of October.  It is quite expensive and not covered under our
Health Plan, however, the results have been wonderful, that we feel no
matter what the cost it is worth it, just to get his quality of life back.
Good luck to you and Bob.

Sincerely Bev