^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses  24   deg. F  partly sunny
Dear Dr. Reichert and List,

   Can someone please re-post Dr. Reichert's letter from the FDA?  I was
about to reply, but my
finger jerked and bumped the Delete arrow, and the Dr. Reichert post
VANISHED..

   Anyway,  I would like to do something to get NADH  under study in the
United States, for Parkinson's,  approved by the FDA.  As a young-onset
Parkinsonian in my tenth year, and with NADH definitely helping me to
keep hanging on, iit would be TREMENDOUSLY helpful if NADH were
Medicaid-payable.  Its current unapproved status, and expense, make it
unavailable to me, as a low-income "pensioner," except when someone
donates me a supply.

    The FDA's  reply to Dr. Reichert refers only to NADH's use for
Alzheimer's and memory loss, and ignores its potential for alleviating PD
symptoms.  In Dr. Georg D. Birkmayer's pamphlet, "NADH, The Energizing
Co-Enzyme" (MENUCO Corporation, 1996, p.19), there is mention of an
Alzheimer's study under Dr. Stanley Cohan, Chairman, Dept. of Neurology,
Georgetown University.There is also mention of  an NADH study on Chronic
Fatigue Syndrome by Drs. Joseph Bellanti (Director, Immunology) and Harry
Preuss (Nephrology), also at Georgetown.

   Finally there is a description of the use of NADH at the Lenox Hill
Hospital Sports Medicine Unit, New York City, by a Dr. Gilbert Gleim,
with reference to various tests on long-distance runners.

   There are enough of us on the List who use NADH, or are interested in
NADH, that a letter to the FDA,  in response to Dr. Reichert's post,
seems quite timely, and hopefully, could reap great benefits for many
PWP's.  I would be excited to see some of the Udall Act money going to
NADH research.

    Who knows, maybe NADH could be in widespread use MUCH sooner, if we
act while the opportunity presents itself to us.

   Again, any comments would help, especially from those with NADH
experience.

   Sincerely,

   Ivan Suzman 48/10