Rich,

Buspar is contrindicated for PWP.  However, my husband's psychiatrist
prescribed 10 mg 3 x day to treat his anxiety.  He took it for around three
months. At that time my husband had been diagnosed about two years.  Not
only was it ineffective in treating his anxiety, but it kept him "wired" all
night.  We did not know that Buspar was the cause of his extremely restless
nights until he stopped taking it.  Don't know if it has anything to do with
inducing Parkinson's, but I would strongly recommend against it for anyone
taking Sinemet and Eldepryl. We are still looking for relief from his anxiety.

Edythe  CG for Chuck 67/3+

At 12:12 PM 12/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have come across several articles indicating a connection between
movement disorders and the drug buspirone (Buspar).  Does anyone know about
the possibility of Parkinson's being induced by this drug.  I was on Buspar
for 13 months and was diagnosed with PD about a year after beginning to take
Buspar.  I was diagnosed at the age of 27 and I believe that my PD may be
drug induced.
>    Thank you.
>                    Rich
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
>
><META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
><META content='"MSHTML 4.71.1712.3"' name=GENERATOR>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>I have come across several articles
indicating a
>connection between movement disorders and the drug buspirone (Buspar).&nbsp;
>Does anyone know about the possibility of Parkinson's being induced by this
>drug.&nbsp; I was on Buspar for 13 months and was diagnosed with PD about a
year
>after beginning to take Buspar.&nbsp; I was diagnosed at the age of 27 and I
>believe that my PD may be drug induced.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000
>size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
>Rich</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

Edythe E. Lord
CARMEL CLAY SCHOOLS
Information Services