Joe-- for what it's worth, here's Peter ReQuip saga--

Because he had a really bad trip with hallucinations on Mirapex, the
neuro started him VERY slowly on REQUIP. We  are progressing at about
1/3 the suggested rate in the starter pack.  Now, in the 8th week, he
takes only 3 in the A.M. 2 at lunch, 2 at supper.
<underline>However</underline>, he has had few side effects--only very
mild hallucinations which disappeared when I reduced his Sinemet
further.        He is now taking only 11 of the 10/100 daily, down from 16.
The ReQuip seems to fill in the gaps pretty well.  If you have had ANY
PROBLEM with hallucinations on agonists or Sinemet, be careful--and
patient--it may be better to go slow in the long run! :-)   While it is
frustrating to go so slowly, there's NO WAY we would want to go through
the experience on Mirapex again! (Total paranoia, 3 days hospitalized,
etc.)

> If recommended dosage is 2 pills per day, he starts 1 pill every
other day. A

>constant bone of contention.  He writes the PX.  Now I've been
readingg postings

>by Jim, Dale and others that the maintenance dose is in the realm of
12 mg per

>day, 5 TIMES GREATER THAN I'M PRESENTLY TAKING.

>HELP!!

While some PWPs have had increased doses work well, I recall other
posts which reported maintenance doses  at lower amounts even than
recommended...it's so individual....gotta figure out what works best
FOR YOU!

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8

  Oxford, OH

 * Ask me about the CARE list for*