 >My question is this:  Is there additional information about hospitalization
 >& medications to avoid?   Is there information about what anesthetics/pain
 >relievers that are a pr >>

I just (last Friday) had another (4th) operation for my broken wrist.  I
originally thought of having a local but Chuck advised against it and asked me
to consider the general anesthetic way.   He felt that even though I was under
a local,  a two hour op and the time before the local, I was really still
awake.   He felt that this might cause me to continue my PD symptoms even if
they were slightly diminished it might cause me a problem.   I understood his
concerns and went "under"  (just in case, Chuck arranged that the anesthetic
DR clear with my neuro before I checked in so the anesthetic DR. knew in
advance what not to give me.)

Since he would not be able to attend to my meds for about 3 hours, instead of
liquid synemet, he gave me a 1/2 10/100 and a CR 50/200 just as I went into
the O.R.

Sure enough, three hours later he met me in the recovery room as I came out of
O>R> and within minutes gave me a drink of my L>S>.  My symptoms were really
under control but the pain started in my hand/arm a few hours later.  The
surgeon had pre=checked with my neuro about heavy duty pain meds.

The neuro agreed that a "small" amount of morphine can be given but only if
really needed.   Also,  a TYLINOL PM was approved.

BROS/AND SISTERS...if you plan ahead and ask your neuros all the questions
that are on your mind BEFORE you go into special medical situations,,  the
anxiety is almost non-existant.

By the way....if you dont know the story, this broken wrist occured when I was
driving....fell asleep at the wheel and hit a tree in Aug 96..while on holiday
in Nova Scotia.    I know for sure the PD meds did not allow me full mental
control.  I dont drive anymore.

A VERY HAPPY CHANUKAH/CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS TO YOU ALL.

JOYCE AND CHUCK TAMES