Dear Listmembers,

Tuesday Dick (74/1+) and I had an appointment
for an evaluation with  Dr. Efrain Perez at
the Health Science Center and University
Hospital in Syracuse NY.  This is Dale S."
Doctor.

We were both very impressed with Dr. Perez.
He feels that the neuro started Dick on the
dopamine replacement too early, and that the
dosages that he prescribed were only
homeopathic dosages.  He has now recommended that Dick take only the
eldepryl
for the present time.  When it comes time to
prescribe more meds. it will not be sinemet.

Dr. Perez spent more than two hours with us,
asked all sorts of questions and answered all
of ours.  Went into PD related depression
(Dick has mild to moderate), the Parkie sweet-
tooth,  (we both have that), an also inquired if
he cried easily -- everything that's been
covered on  the list recently.  The neuro we
had been going to previously spent less than
5 minutes with us, gave us the prescriptions and told us to come back in
6 months.  Wish
we had found Dr. Perez sooner.

The nicest part of the visit is that we actually
got to meet the one and only Dale Severance
in living color right there in the waiting room.
Dale is even more charming in person is that
is possible.

Happy and healthy holidays to you all and
many thanks for just being there.

           Dorothy , cg for Dick 74/1+  in Rome
NY       [log in to unmask]