Joyce,
We were in Nova Scotia in Aug. '96 also.  We spent two weeks driving
over as much of that lovely country as possible.  Fortunately our son-
in-law did the driving.  In what region did your accident occur?  I,
too, no longer drive, but keep my license current in case of an
emergency.

I developed a packet about hospitalization for people with
Parkinson's several years ago which was distributed among our support
group and others.  I believe the Young Parkinson's group put together
a similar packet.This effort was a result of my hospitalization for
hip surgery  and the subsequent trauma I suffered from hospital staff
and physician's lack of education on the nuances of Parkinson's and
its treatment.  Since then, I believe either NPF or APDA has issued a
similar article.  As for myself, anytime I can avoid a general
anesthetic I will.  Many people do not react well to anesthesias.
The anesthesiologist is the most important person assisting in an
operation for PWP, because of the danger of drug interactions and the
rules they go by.  Always insist that you speak early on to him/her
and find out what is planned for use during the operation.  Also,
insist that your primary doctor, neuro, surgeon and anesthesiologist
work as a team together for your welfare.  The patient is the one who
suffers if all does not go well, so protect yourself as well as you
can by being your own advocate.
                    Bev (74,50)