Dear Mary,
Thanks for your response.
What is "postural kind" of low BP?
What can you tell us about florinef?
How does your mother take it;dosage,frequency,etc?
What benefits has she observed?
What other drugs does she take?

Our current neurologist suggested wearing elastic stockings above the knee
to keep the BP up.We bought a pair but haven't been using it.We feel that we
need to
get to the causes and not use a "bandaid".

Our troubles started when we changed neurologists.
Our current neurologist took Aliza off selegeline twice a day and perscribed
half pill dosages at four hour intervals during the day.
He claims that selegiline is bad for the heart.
Our cardiologists deny this.
We have seen an article which says selegeline strenghthens the heart.
Previously,one quarter pill and half pill doses were used with no fainting
spells.
But Aliza did feel very weak and we weren't checking BP around the clock as
we do now.
She has a weak heart valve causing cardiac insufficiency.

I also neglected to mention that Aliza has swollen feet which up to now we
had attributed
exclusively to her hear problems.We would like to understand the role of PD
and PD meds on
foot swelling.Aliza takes diuretics and is on a low salt diet.She has
trouble with bladder control
after taking furosemide 40mg.She also takes a half pill of kaluril(Amiliride
HCL 5mg and
Hydrochlorothyiazide 50mg).

Note correction of one of the BP entries in my original post.
Warm regards.

Gil and Aliza Lieberman
At 10:38 AM 12/18/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello, Gil and Aliza -
>
>My mother has also had low blood pressure, esp the postural kind,
apparently as a side effect of sinemet.  She seems to have had some benefit
from a drug called florinef.