>On 16 Dec 1997 David Langridge described an ingenious method which he has
>devised for calibrating his response to PD medication.  His method involves
>screwing a 2inch bolt up a long thread- obviously a task requiring some
>flexibility and dexterity. (Nice one, David).
>
>Entirely by co-incidence, I have been considering whether I could come to
the problem,

BRIAN.

Very interesting to know that you have been thinking along the same lines.My
nut and bolt test and your finger tapping presumable can only study limited
aspects of the disease - for instance although I might obtain a good result
from my test which as you say measures flexibility and dexterity - it does
not measure the difficulty which I might have in walking. I would be
interested to see how others might get on with my test.It's quite fun to do
and if any interest is shown I would be happy to provide more precise
details of the type of bolt etc.As a scientist manque I am all in favour of
objectivity. Good luck with your computer program.

David Langridge