My mother has been diagnosed with Parkinsons for five years now and is
taking Sinemet CR (50mg) 4 and a half times daily, Artane (2mg) 3 times
daily, Permax (1mg) 3 times a day and Antenolol (50mg) 2 times a day.  She
like all Parkies has terrible trouble getting a good nights sleep.  She's
tried a lot a various drugs including Tylenol PM.  She'll either have a
bad time just falling asleep or will go right off to sleep then wake up
for 3 or 4 hours.  The few times she gets uninterupted nights sleep, when
she wakes in the morning she feels downright sluggish!  So now her doctor
has prescribed Trazodone.  I've found that Trazodone is a mood enhancer or
antidepressant.  What has that got to do with sleep?  And it just doesn't
seem to be working.  Does anyone know anything about this drug, is anyone
else taking it, and any other ideas on how she can try to get more than
just one night a week of good sleep?  Your help will be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.  Sheila

Sheila Chaudoin                 Phone: 319-263-3065
Musser Public Library           Fax: 319-264-1033
304 Iowa Ave.                   [log in to unmask]
Muscatine, Ia  52761-3875       http://www.rbls.lib.il.us/mus/index.html