Carol Horner wrote:

> In what way is an excess of this detrimental.
>
> My husband's doctor switched him from 25/100 to 10/100 (about 8 a day)
> and left the five 50/200 CRs alone.
>
> This was the same time he tried Mirapex.  And things didn't work out so
> well.
>
> Now we're back on the 25/100 and trying Mirapex with some better
> results.  I don't think it was a good idea to make two changes at once.
> Maybe we should try the 10/100s again?

anecdotal evidence from quite a few over the years has been that there may be
some sort of overconcentration that has been conjectured might cause some
"leakage" into the brain which reduces the effectiveness by retarding the
conversion to dopamine. Or there may be some effect on the peripheral neural
systems which makes the medication effect less than normal. there has been no
testing program that we have been able to document.  The CR med profit is much
better, so the salesmen will be pleased to have it prescribed; but the data
from the initial large testing in humans was very erratic in bloodstream
concentration - and, in difference in amount absorbed between younger and
older persons.

also anecdotal indications as I have been led to believe are that Madopar
which uses benzarazide rather than carbidopa does not seem to have negative
effect with larger amounts than the recommended.
--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz      paradise is feeling good, not a place to go
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter