Mario...

I've been an AARP (American Assoc. of Retired Persons) <and ya don't HAVE to
be "retired....."  just must be 50 or over to join> member for 5 years and
have read every one of their bulletins plus their outstanding magazine -
Modern Maturity - that they've sent  me over the years.

While I find these publications provide an invaluable service to those of us
in the over-fifty age group (and I also like the many discounted services they
offer their members!) <prescription drugs, too!>, I don't recall reading
anything of significance or indeed anything at ALL about PD in either AARP
publication.

I know AARP has a Web site, but am not sure of the URL (Web address).  Taking
a stab at it, I tried to the obvious "www.aarp.com" and got a "Site under
construction" notice and no mention of AARP there.  Soooooo.... if anyone DOES
have the correct AARP URL, how's about posting it here for List members to be
able to access this fine organization???

OK.. OK.. now I'm curious!  I just took out my AARP file and have browsed thru
the packet looking for that Web address.  Ain't there, but then the packet's 5
years old...  BUT - for information or to join AARP (and joining AARP is one
of THE best investments I've made for myself!) <and it's low cost to join>
write to:

AARP Member Communications
601 E Street, NW
Washington, DC 20049

AARP asks that in writing them, please indicate on the envelope what you're
writing them about, i.e.,  "membership info requested."

For those not familiar with AARP, they offer a ton of services to their
members, from publications, to pharmacy, car-home-personal insurance, credit
cards, investments/financial matters, travel and leisure activities, volunteer
services, social outreach support, and much, much more.  In my opinion, AARP
is an outstanding advocacy (but conservative) and support service for the
person over 50.

Errrrrr..... and I have no financial connection with AARP, nor do I represent
them in any way, other than being a general member who values the services
they provide.

Mario - are ya sorry ya asked? <grin>

Barb Mallut