At 11:34 AM 12/24/97 -0500, p. l. maddux wrote:
>Don, Let me see if I can set your mind at ease. First of all I don't
>think you are using a "220 volt" extension cord. If the cord plugs into
>your regular duplex wall outlet and has a regular  recp on the end that
>you can plug a lamp into, then it is safe to use, or even if the wire
>itself is rated for 220 volts, then that is even better than wire that
>is rated for 110 volts. Two 60 watt bulbs will draw about 1 amp. So that
>is a very small load, so you could operate 30 , 60 watt bulbs if those
>were the only devices operating on that circuit.
>And timers are safe to use, assuming that all extension cords, plugs and
>recepticles are in good condition and have no loose connections or
>frayed wires and are not subject to physical damage, such as being
>tripped over.
>And with ref to your computer, it should be plugged into a "surge
>protector" of which there are many to choose from, with varing degrees
>of effectiveness. The $10 K-Mart ones aren't worth much except to give
>you a lot of outlets to plug stuff into. A really good one from APC or
>Pannamax will cost from $70 to $150 and give you much more protection
>for your equipment.
>Hope you can understand all this and that it helps you.
>
>Lanier Maddux        Chattanooga Tn

  all cords are i think 10-2 all heavy copper. with 3 out lets on the end.
lights have the new con on them. i paid 50.00 surge protector as i still get
elec discount on wire elec . out lets 250 breaker systems is what i got. i
used some of wire for a fellow elec welder. about 50ft. he just got it in
for me.  just about evey oulet is oon breaker by it self. my saw,air comp.
sweeper, you name it it is all on its on line ok.