Don,

As young as we might feel at times, we must also remember that we are the
bradykinesia bunch.  It is not stretching things to say that what is safe
for our more mobile brethern (and cystern? - where are you, janet?) may not
be safe for us.  At this time of year, many house fires are caused by the
use of "approved" holiday lighting.  We don't stand as good a chance of
escaping alive as those young whippersnappers out there.  So if a fire
marshall says it's unsafe, please believe him/her.

So may I add to everybody else's wishes to the list for these holidays that
they also be safe?

Art

At 08:47 AM 12/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>and a arthenst fire guy came out out to check my home. said it was not safe.
>we do not get a long. i use timer that turn on light when it get dark. use
>exstengen cords. they are the kind you would use for 220. got only 2 60 watt
>bulbs in them. each is on a 15amp braker. i got 250 breaker in my house. all
>out lets are on a breaker of there ouwn. if timer are cause of fires why do
>they sell them? i could at one time wire a house. but i forget l forget lot
>now. but i still can remember lot if given time. so you elec. out there know
>i am right. a 220 cord with just 2 60 watt bulbs in 15amp breaaker is not a
>fire hasserd. allso usr the i can't think what youcall them but it is to
>protect our pc's from over loads use them then to my breaker.

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness