Thanks for the response Barbara...i passed it along. yes, it seems it is
only recently that Kaiser has agreed to pay for the surgeries in LA. Mom
was supposed to have it back in Sept. up north. But they told my parents
they have been doing the pallidotomies at USC for a long time, just not
under Kaiser. The surgeon is Dr. Dogali, well-known.
I'm off to Canoga Park tomorrow for Christmas, so will check my messages
when i get back. The idea of asking your support group is great. (I've
tried many times to get my parents to the group, or just my dad, with no
luck.)
Happy holidays to you,
Debbie