Don, I know a little about electricity. MAYBE they are worried about the
timers, and the extension cord, because they are in places where the heat can
build up? Those times get pretty hot, and a piece of curtain couldprobably
ignite. Two 60 watt bulbs should have no reason to heat up even the thinnest
extension cord, so that should not be a problem.  On the other hand the
firemen don't want to have a fire, they get paid the same iif they stay in the
firehouse! (LOL) So you should at least listen to their ideas.  My wife, Barb
always wants to leave timers  to keep lights on to fool burglars, when we go
away. I told her that burglars are not that stupid, and I am more worried
about the timers starting a fire, when we are not around!  Have a nice
Christmas, and don't cut the extension cords with Don Juan! [log in to unmask]