Mario,

My mother Joyce (68/10 months) is starting Requip after going off Paxil
Permax, and Sinemet (and Eldepryl, which she had just started). The reason
for just the agonist in her case is that she and her doctor are trying to
figure out just what is a symptom and what is a side effect. But the view
is that if the Requip does the job on its own, then she'll stick only with
that. However, there is no objective to stay off Sinemet -- if it's
necessary, then she'll take it. I don't know where this came from, but my
belief was that agonists worked inconjunction with Sinemet.

I guess, like so much else, it's an individual thing.
Debbie White