Mark
Is your father older as it seems PDers who have been on sinemet for a long
period are more prone to hallucinations.  My husband is 76 and been on sinemet
for 11 yrs and he's always had trouble off and on with hallucinations.  In the
past they have occured everytime any of the meds were changed even if up 1/2
pill or down 1/2 pill.
Since your father came of permex 6 days ago, that is a big change too.  I hope
he came off gradually which helps some.
Our ND says the medication causes the mental problems (toxins released-hence
the antioxidants)--she says it is a catch 22 as he needs the pills to be
mobile and they in turn affect his brain cells.
My husbands hallucinations have been rather harmless until just lately when he
is having some scary ones.  Today he thought he was driving a car without
brakes.
He takes very little sinemet lately but is on Mirapex .725mg 3 X day.
I certainly hope your father gets straightened out, of course the
hospitalization is a change of environment and will probably make them worse
(is so with Mel)
Mary CG for Mel 76/11