^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   32  deg. F glare ice, dangerous
driving
Dear friends,

    Sonia, Camilla, Debbie and others I may have missed-thank you for
your concerns and advice.

I am watching the posts on surgery carefully.  I saw my family doctor-he
agrees that the re-opened scar has created a problem, and I'm now set up
to see a local surgeon on Jan. 5th.
I need levodopa every 2 and 1/2 hrs. and sometimes, due to muscles
clenching at end-of-dose, plus sweating, plus very rapid shaking, may be
safer to go under general anaesthesia.

   One of the PD nurses from Boston University called me about my
appointment Jan. 7th, and
they've set me up for a 6-hour series of tests at Boston Medical Center.

    In January I hope to be involved with the WCSH-TV local NBC affiliate
30 min call-in show. The host, Diane Atwood, had her assistant call me
for advice and wants me to consult.  Hope to help a lot of pWP's and
their families and friends with the show.

    Hard to predict until the surgery is worked out--or maybe I should
live with it til spring since the cold weather makes it so difficult
here, even with the woodstoves.

    But PD related slowness of bowels makes pressure on the incision-a
typical PD complication of what might otherwise be simpler
decision-making.

    Thanks for your support.  Please let me know what you think the

 Thanks again,

  Ivan Suzman 48/10