disorientation and confusion can be brought on or intensified while in the
hospital. this is quite common in older patients. they can forget what day
it is, what time of day etc. not to say this is the entire proble, but
taking dad home as soon as he is somewhat stable might be good medicine.

make sure his pd meds are compatable with other meds. you really have to
push the docotors. remember they are working for you and do not back off
until you have the answers. you can always find good docs if you start looking.

warren

My dad is hospitalized due to psychotic episodes resulting from his PD meds.