Wendy Kelly wrote:
Urolgist put a cathter in,prescribes antibiotics  and states
>that the cathter  will need to be in for at least 4 weeks. BUT _the
>Doctor_ is really eager to put in tube into his belly(for the urine) and
>take out the cathter.
>
>Has anybody heard of treatments for this...

Seeking a second opinion from another Urologist would be
a very good idea. I would question why this doctor seeks do this kind of
surgery when maintaining a foley catheter in a patient for a
four week period is not considered usual.  The chances of your
father contracting additional urinary tract infections with a urostomy
tube is as great, if not greater, than with the use of a foley catheter.
-----
Regards
Mary Ann