Hello Wendy,

Fuad had the "Super Pubic" catheter put in 6 weeks ago.  It was put in
because his prostate is so enlarged that the flow of urine is constricted to
the dangerous point so until they can control the infection long enough to
do the prostate surgery he will need a catheter.  It is more comfortable.
He is now on another strong antibiotic because every time he stops taking
one the infection returns.  The infection itself causes so much damage that
he just sits and stares.  Won't try to do anything.  I think that the risk
is too great not to do it.

I hope this helps you understand.

Barb