Dear Charlie:

An answer to your question is needed.  My understanding - and I do not have
categorical evidence - is that APDA did participate in the process, but
signed off earlier, sending a letter to the Vice-President on its own.  At
approximately the same time, I was in contact with APDA's Joel Gerstel,
seeking a general supportive statement for the effort to be undertaken in
Miami in January.  Initially I heard a positive response, but the door was
closed quickly.  No supportive letter would be sent by APDA.

Gerstel, it might be added, was a co-signator to the letter to Gore.

Unity is an elusive ingredient, it seems, among executives in the
Parkinson's community.   In addition to a reply to your question, further
discussion of how to deal with inter-organizational bickering is critical.
A divided house does the movement no good, not in organizing support among
PWPs, and not where it counts so much, in Washington.

                        Bob Dolezal