Stratplans wrote:

> Has anyone had experience with a supervised drug holiday/reintroduction as a
> treatment for med-induced psychosis and confusion?

Dear Mark,
I would certainly discuss this with your doctors. Is the person in question an
older adult? Older adults who take a number of medications can suffer from
medication-induced dementias and psychoses; also some drugs can cause
Parkinson-like conditions.

And, I'd also ask the physicians to do blood tests for the B vitamins. Often,
chronic disease can cause us to significantly change food choices. A chronic lack
of vitamin B can lead to an Alzheimer-like dementia; in the early stages this may
be reversed by prompt administration of a pharmacological dose of B12.

My very best wishes,
Kathrynne

Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
"Nutrition you can live with!"