Hi Brian,

I was just contemplating having a go at your programme (although I am in the
throes of computer change over time - if anyone knows the best way to
transfer Eudora mailboxes to a new computer please let me know) when I
realised there was an easier way to carry out the finger tapping test.

Grab a stopwatch, open a blank word processor document and see how many
zeros you can type in from the key pad in the 10 seconds.  It is not as
elegant (as you would say) as a computer programme, nor as tasty as Barb's
ice cream idea, but the only practical difference is the chore of counting
the zeros (use the cursor or you will go boss eyed) and the need for a
stopwatch or timer.

I actually owe you an apology, I thought you had gone mad or made a typing
error, to suggest the figures of 50-70 taps per sec.  However I was
surprised to record in 2 tests just now, figs of 50 and 52 with my right
(affected) side.  Mind you, this is in my "ON" state so not as good as your
figs. Julia achieved 85 on left and right hand.

Regards,

Ernie.

Ernie Peters <[log in to unmask]>