---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 00:37:00 -0500
From: Linda <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: hi

I hope I am writing to the correct address, I see you are one of the
owners of the parkinson's list.I just joined.I cant wait to get the
mail.

Please forgive me but i am very grief stricken. My dad suffered with
parkinson's for almost 10 years that we know of. Friday,Dec. 26th he had
cardiac arrest and died.I miss him terriably. I am also very gulit
ridden, I often lost patience with him and I am just beside myself in
pain and self hatred. I just loved him so much. My mom and my brother
and i watched him go from a strong independant man to a frail, almost
helpless dependant man. he was only 66. I just miss him horriably.

the shock of him going so fast is very painful. he was doing his
physical thearphy at the PT clinic which he loved.We could see he was
doing so much better. He did it 3 times a week. He had just finished his
4 laps around the in side of the building (He walked) and sat down . He
said he didnt feel good and slumped over.The family was not there. I
wish so much i could of said goodbye.They worked on him for 42 mins at
ER but were not able to bring him back.

can you help me ? Can you or someone else tell me if parkinsons caused
his heart to arrest ? He had 3 angioplasies in a few months time 9 years
ago, but there was no heart problems at his last check up a couple of
months ago.  Does parkinsons cause the heart muscle to lose the ablity
to function ? Dad was on a depression med,cardizim and of course the
sentiment.....he had trouble with eldapryl, it made him make a lot of
facial movements.....he also did not have the tremors,but he was very
stiff, mask- like stare, quite speech patterns, stooped
over,halluicanations, however, we had noticed he was so much better in
the last  few weeks. Is this the way it happens in parkinson's ? Does
death come suddenly ?

I am so sorry to go on and on, it was really a shock to lose him like
this.I m hoping this wonderful list will give me comfort and answers.
oh yes, we  donated his eyes, they could not take anything else because
of his parkinsons.The funeral is Monday , I am trying to be strong.
please write soon,
Linda