Hi Bruce:

I read your letter (& Bob's) re: MicroSoft Internet Explorer and
temporary files and recalled similar trials.

My problems were solved when a friend suggested I simply ignore MS
Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator and instead use a new
browser developed in Norway called "OPERA".

You can download an evaluation copy from the Internet
http://www.operasoftware.com
Its yours free to use and evaluate for 90 days.
If you like it & want to register I believe it is still just $30.00US

It is small (fits on a floppy) works on a 386 with 8 megs.
It is faster to load and quicker than IE or Netscape
You can easily configure it to erase the cache files automatically
every time you exit the program.

It's worth at least visiting their website.
I was personally impressed enough to register my copy after 1 day.

I have nothing to do with the OPERA company and nothing to gain from
promoting their product.  I'm just a happy camper using it.

Don't erase your current browser to try OPERA.  Just download it,
there are versions for Windows 3.1*; Windows 95: NT; run the self
installing executable file, dial up your current ISP, and click on
OPERA.

I'm pretty sure most people will love this software.  The one draw
back initially was that it does not include an e-mail package.  I use
Pegasus (which you can also download from the net) and it works
very well with OPERA.

As an aside to all other computer quirks my 386 doesn't run the
finger tap testing package.  Like others I get the message
"missing arithmetic co-processor".  Perhaps there is a fix in the
works for that as well.

Best wishes to all of you......Murray Charters