ALL:

I wanted to share an update on my dad's saga with his PD meds...we've
now moved into week 3 of the scariest rollercoaster ride I've ever
taken.

The good news is that we know that we can get his head fairly clear by
leaving him on Sinemet alone, although nightime still seems to bring all
sorts of irrational anxieties and fears.  He became extremely stiff and
developed some blood clots, but has responded  fairly well to an
increase in Sinemet dosage.

The docs are anxious to improve his movement, and have started
ropinerole (requip) 3x.  He did well for two days, but seems fairly
confused again this morning.  Is it possible that the confusion will
ease once his body adjusts to the new meds?  How aggressive is a dose of
3x/day?  (I wanted them to go verrrry slowly, and I'm not sure they've
heard me...)

I think it is still going to be an up and down ride for a while, but I
feel that we have at least gotten our arms around things and that that
mental issues can be addressed.  This is a scary ride, and I don't
recommend it to even the heartiest rollercoaster buffs.

Hoping for a happier new year...

Mark Klapper
stratplans @aol.com (please use this address to respond during the New
Year's holiday)