Dear Linda
Your letter sounded a great deal like a letter on the list several months ago
where the daughter felt guilty for losing her patience.  Please know that then
and probably now many will write to tell you 'been there, done that'.  It is a
normal human reaction to sometimes lose our patience, PD is a frustrating
disease and sometimes tries the patience of love ones.
No, PD did not cause his heart to arrest.  What I have found in the literature
is that one does not die of PD, perhaps pneumonia or aspiration.  I do not
believe the sudden death was due to PD-I feel sure it was a heart condition.
He did have angioplasty 9 years ago and you can find comfort in the fact that
his last checkup was done recently.  What else could have been done in
relation to his heart?
Ten years of PD on an older person does take it's toll.  The symptoms you
described were so similar to my husband (no tremors, mask-like stare, speech
problems, stooped over, hallcinations)
Your dad happened to be a man with parkinson who had a heart attack that
unfortunately took his life prematuraly..  My first husband died at 49 with a
massive heart attack after having negative EKGs, etc.  Our youngest son was
10.
My present husband is also on Cardizem, elderpryl, antidepressants which are
par for the course of PD.
I can tell you that time will help--you will feel better somewhere down the
line when some of the grief process is done.
Know that those of us on the list care and it would be helpful for you if you
joined the CARE LIST for caregivers as we do help each other with a lot of
questions that are asked.
Mary CG for Mel 76/11