> Carol asks:
>
> >Also, I would like to know if anyone has experience with liquid NADH.  I
> >noticed it in a "Health Watcher's System" catalog I was looking through
> >over the holidays.  One fluid oz is $29.95.  I will order some and
> >see how it works.
>
> I have used what is called colloidal NADH, in a liquid form, a few times. I
> have a suspicion that it may deteriorate faster than the pills, but can't
> prove that. I am using Natrol's product currently, 10 mgs per day. I have
> been using NADH for about 2 years, I believe I would benefit from a higher
> dose, but like everyone else, cost is prohibitive. I noticed that 30-5mg
> tabs have dropped to about $37 on the Smart Drugs site, that reduction would
> allow me to boost up to 15 mgs per day, which I will do next time I order.
>
> I am very interested in the results of the experiment...please post your
> results. If you are suspicious of the product, one sure determinant of its
> reliability would be age. NADH is very unstable, only recently have some
> manufacturers  guaranteed their effectiveness. Life Extension had to buy
> back a bunch of product a year or so ago because it deteriorated before
> people could use it.
>
> I am really hopeful that the price drops, I have enjoyed a lot of relief
> with NADH, especially from Restless Leg, which it controls totally for me.
>
> Kathie Tollifson
> 47/9

I .live in rural  NE Scotland . Therefore getting anything other than
standard medication is difficult . Ordering on the internet with a
credit card is the only option . I am trying DHEA and melatonin at
present ordered this way . My attempts (2) to get NADH have failed .
I will try again from a different supplier as the one I tried seems
to have something wrong with his system .>
  In view of the large number of PD sufferers world wide ,it should
be possible to do  2 things :-
 1) Establish just how effective NADH is .
 2)A cheap supply due to bulk buying . ( A PD buying cooperative ? )
The medical establishment in the UK is only interested in the cheapest
solution . ( Dont bother me go away and die ) . As a PD sufferer I am
not prepared to slowly degenarate into a basket case . The medical
establishment does not have my motivation to find a CURE .Its agenda
is disease management and financial resource management . Anything
other than L-dopa has to be fought for .
  While on the subject of getting medication . Does anyone know of
how one can find out which countries allow one to buy medical drugs
without a medical prescription ? I could not get anibiotics for a
post cold soreness on one side of my face and throat that lasted 8
weeks and set off my hayfever and asthma for the summer plus another
bad cold  My doctor decided it was viral !( in other words no
medication ) My PD symptoms get worse after a badcold/flu .
 All the doctors that I have met seem to expect me to accept what
they say without question even though the best they can do is
postpone the symptoms for PD .Unless they can CURE they have no
credibility . I have yet to meet one that even attempted a follow up
to find out whether their prescriptions are actually working .
       To sum up I think that expecting the medical establishment to
come up with a cure in the near future is stupid . I believe the real
progress will be made by the PD sufferers because only they have the
real motivation . NADH is one such area  .
     I personally and working with the idea that PD is a neurological
firing pattern of the brain that has gone into spam . For those that
like the chaos thaory, the firing pattern has got chaotic . A lack of
dopamine is just one of many reasons for the brain to go into spasm
or chaotic . I have PD on the left side only . That means that the
spasm is confined to the right hemisphere of the brain . Boosting the
dopamine level with L-dopa suppresses the spasm even where the cause is not a
lack of dopamine . The problem is that L-dopa can cause the spasm to
to exhiibit worse characteristics dyskeneasia . In other words Ldopa
is making the spasm worse  The effect that often suppresses the
chaotic tendensy reinforces another
.  I get dyskeneasia sometimes ( a bit )
when the dopamine level is rising ( 3/4 hour after pill ) but mainly
when dopamine level is falling (4-6 hours after pill )
  .The right side of my body has no PD and
does not experience dyskeneasia . At present I am trying rhythmic
electrical stmulation to suppress the spasm ( TENS machine ) . I will
also be trying NADH . Boosting the cells energy level may restore a
more normal pattern , without ,maybe, the possibility of dyskeneasia . If a
condition like PD has become chronic that is the spasm or chaotic
pattern has established itself over a long period then it will be
much harder to restablish the normal firing pattern .This would
explain why NADH works only on some PD sufferers .
     peace
          Alastair     ( [log in to unmask] )