I recently bought a Long-Term Policy for myself and wanted to get one for John
too.  After spending many months researching various companies and their
policies' terms, it was apparent that none of the five or six major insurance
companies that we looked at were willing to insure a person with PD.  As a
matter of fact, about the fourth question of the application asked, "Have you
ever had 1) cancer  2) heart disease, 3) Parkinson or Alzheimers, etc...  If
'yes' to any of the above, DO NOT SUBMIT THIS APPLICATION." !!!
Was told by agents that PD is seen as one of those "illnesses" that would
quickly qualify the insured for meeting the requirements necessary for the
policy to be activated; i.e., dementia, feeding oneself, dressing, etc.

NOT FAIR!!!  But the insurance companies are making the rules and the money.
They want to keep it that way!