Several weeks ago I requested that people who had taken Buspar respond to
several questions.  I had responses from 7 PWP but unfortunately the answers
were all over the map in terms of duration they took the drug, dose (which most
didn't remember),  and whether the drug helped or worsened anxiety symptoms
and/or PD Symptoms.  There were several people who had adverse reactions of
various types.

Since Buspar may bind to central dopamine receptors (and presumably block them
although could possibly act as an agonist) and since except for Richard and
perhaps one other person the drug was not helpful (and in my experience
prescribing it, it doesn't help most people that I prescribed it for) probably
the drug ought to be avoided unless the MD can come up with a good rationale.

I doubt whether  it could cause long lasting effects but if it blocks dopamine
it certainly can make symptoms worse and unmask PD a little earlier than it
might be found without a dopamine blocker.

Charlie
--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.
Middleton, WI