Joy Graham wrote:

> On a related topic:  There are many theories about putting PD medications
> into the system. One school believes that a constant supply of levodopa
> such as you get in the slow release (Sinemet CR or Madopar HBS) is more
> beneficial in the long run than the stops and starts of regular dosing.

Joy, I have found that the actual data of blood plasma concentration of the
early testing of CR Sinemet compared to regular Sinemet (November 1989
Neurology 39 (suppl 2) page 25 article: "Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability
of SinemetCR: A summary of hunman studies" Yeh, August, Bush, Lasseter,
Musson, Schwartz, smith and Titus) does not indicate that CR gives a "constant
supply of levodopa". My plots and comments on the information can be found:

http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/levoplas.html

If you or anyone has information about Madopar HBS, I would like to acquire
such. There is a great variability in the data re plasma concentration using
CR. I have no data on any of the Madopar medications.
--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz      paradise is feeling good, not a place to go
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter