Dear Listmember!
I have been rather quiet here on the list, but here are some thoughts at
the end of the year:
I have one sister with sjogren's syndrom, one with autoimmune fibrotic
alveolitis, my mother has canser with recidiv and I PD. Way?
Hello Listmembers and hello Norma!

I have been wondering if we have been exposed to something, to nuclear
radiation or toxic chemicals in our environment. But we are from a small
country-side village without any industry at all. Nuclear power is not
used in our country, only electricity from waterfalls. The only
environmental problem might be agriculture chemicals.
Both SS(Sjogren syndrom) and PD are genetic diseases, and they are
parhaps activated by an environmental factor. PD is more commen
countryside than in urban areas, perhaps due to agriculture chemicals.
But it is very dificult to prove.
But now, two years after I was diagnosed having PD,I try no longer ask
why I got PD. I rather use my energy to manage the daily life problems
and to look forward.
I am member of a self-support group, and I find mush help through
mailing lists. Through mailing lists I find other people in the same
situation as my self, and they understand me. I feel no longer that I am
alone with my problems, I can learn from others experiencies and perhaps
someone can learn something from me too. I believe in the future and the
support from others give me the strength I need to look forward.

My best wishes for the new year to you all - I am glad that I found you!

Hallvard from Copenhagen.