At 06:03 PM 12/31/97 +0000, David Langridge wrote:
>brain operates (In the areas relevant to PD) that I have read. After
>>that he goes into his drug holiday mode, and I stop reading. To put it
>>delicately, I think it is rubbish.
>>   It appears to me that people who say that they do benefit are those who
>>are taking what I regard as an overdose of levodopa. It is possible for
>>some PWPs to take an overdose first thing in the morning (They often talk
>>about the 'tablets cutting in' as they go zooming through the ideal dose
>>on the way to the overdose).  By the occasional tablet administered at the
>>right time, it is possible to stay in this overdosed state most of the day.
>>However, 'What goes up must eventually come down', and this is where the
>>trouble starts: the dyskinesias have to be faced, and seem to occur as the
>>PWP comes back down through the various levels to essentially an un-dosed
>>condition.
>>

>Brian
>
>So this much thrashed out subject  ' diphasic dyskinesia' now under 'drug
>holidays' rears it's ugly head.This message is just to balance the input for
>newcomers  and state that I believe your theory is flawed ( I won't use your
>rather stronger criticism of Mr McGoon)
>Simply to claim that overdosing is the cause of end of dose dyskinesia is
>far too simplistic and though it might be based on your own limited personal
>experience there are far to many descriptions of this phenomenom to be
>lightly dismissed. I have described previously how even the smallest dose of
>sinemet can produce distressing end of term dyskinesia and sometimes even
>delayed for an hour or two and continuing for  as long two hours.Strangely
>my last experience was 3 hours after taking a last half 25.100 tablet and
>was the severest yet lasting a good hour. I blamed the severity on some
>acupuncture treatment I had received in the afternoon for Sciatica- it
>seemed to have stirred up the chemistry.
>
>Anyhow for those of us with this reaction a drug holiday can be a blessed
>relief and the message from Wesley describing his own experience closely
>mirrored mine.
>
>Ida where are you?*
>
>David Langridge
>
>* Ida Kamphuis  - a very forceful critiquess of the Collins dogma.

 david i don't how to reach you only this way. 73/26 for me. i do not take
more or less than my nero says. i believe i have less up and douwn than
most. i do know i stasted out takeing to much simment. want to be like
others. took about 4yrs to get me regulated i take 25/250 4times a day rest
i won.t say. my meds is allmost like eating a meal. as of now am loosing use
of my legs,and can't remmer a lot but working on it

                           73/26 lima,ohio
                           I.Y.Q.don&vivian love of my life
                          * best meds for pwp
                          *