Brian Collins wrote:

> I have mixed views about the book by Dwight C McGoon. The first 70
> pages are by far the most readable and understandable descriptions
of how
> the brain operates (In the areas relevant to PD) that I have read.
After
> that he goes into his drug holiday mode, and I stop reading. To put
it
> delicately, I think it is rubbish.

I must say Brian, that you are consistant, both in your opinions and
your persistant use of the word "rubbish".  I am also interested to
note that, on the evidence of the above quote, you no longer read
opinions contrary to your own, even when they are written by somone
capable of writing "by far the most readable and understandable
descriptions of how the brain operates (In the areas relevant to PD)
that I have read".  Perhaps this explains that consistancy.

In a previous posting on this subject you acknowledged that 'the jury
was still out", yet here you go again, deriding any opinion not in
agreement with your own. Once more I would ask you to stop
trivialising this debate with the persistant use of the word
"rubbish".  I would also ask, in support of David Langridge, and
again not for the first time, that you substantiate your theories
with something more than your own experience.

Bernard Shaw wrote in one of his plays, something on the lines of :

"Forgive him; he is a barbarian who believes that the customs of his
small island are the Laws of the Universe".

It is a trap we all fall into at times, perhaps you would consider
climbing out of it.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/10
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/