Wayne Blakesley wrote:
  The satin
>sheets solved some problems, but created others:
>
>1.  It is almost impossible to sit up in bed to read or watch TV.  You
>keep slowly sliding down from a sitting up position to a lying down one.
>
>2.  The blankets keep sliding off the bed.
>
>3.  Getting in and out of bed is more difficult.  Sitting on the edge of
>the bed is almost impossible.  It is difficult to avoid sliding off the
>edge of the bed and falling to the floor.
>
>We're still experimenting, and at the present time, using the satin sheet
>on the bottom only, with a regular top sheet and pillow case.

Perhaps a solution to the slippery question of satin sheets may be to use
just a small section of satin on the bottom sheet only.  If you sew a width
of satin across the bottom sheet where the trunk area of the body extends
(in the section where, for example a draw sheet as used in hospitals is
placed) and leave the top and most importantly, the leg and feet section in
regular fabric sheeting, then you can anchor your feet and get a good grip
while you are trying to turn over.
You can sew this satin section directly over a regular sheet, or cut a
fitted sheet and insert the centre section as I have described.

I have heard that satin sleepwear is also very useful.  Feels nice too!
But in our hot Australian summer it is not exactly the coolest fabric.

Hope this helps

Joy Graham