Kathrynne,             and list-members

I appreciate your getting the info. It does say 200 mg. maximum dose (but not why).

<Here is all the information I could find on lodosyn, from "Clinical Pharmacology."
I'm afraid it's not very helpful, though.>>

snip

<<Adverse Reactions: None reported as lone therapy; see levodopa/carbidopa monograph
for side effects.
Dosage:
Initial therapy, 10 mg of carbidopa PO with 100 mg of levodopa PO bid-tid or
25 mg
of carbidopa PO and 100 mg of levodopa PO tid. For patients who require greater
than 1.5 g of levodopa per day, begin with 25 mg of carbidopa and 250 mg of
levodopa and increase at 1—2 day intervals as tolerated. The maximum adult
dose is
200 mg of carbidopa and 2 g of levodopa combined per day.>>

--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz      paradise is feeling good, not a place to go
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter