Dear M.L.: Thanks for your warm thoughts during this chilly time. I am
feeling a peculiar deserting-the-ship guilt, since I spent part of the
crisis in Edmonton (family visit) and Vancouver (Genre Symposium). My
guilt is assisted by Montrealers who sneer at me when learning that I
was away. As life returns to "normal" it is harrowing to hear the many
tales of disruption and interesting to see how people measure their
experience in days-without-power. A duration of 10-14 days is a real
badge of honour and courage. Hope all is well with you.
Anthony