Bruce, Brian, Lanier, Donald, Jon, & Brian:

My abilities with radio Morse code, past or present, certainly don't
approach Lanier's CW skills.    I need lots of practice!

However, since even the U.S. Coast Guard, no longer maintains CW radio
guard, I suppose  that in some ways it has taken on the form of a folk
art that still has practical use.   Barbara Mallut's posting on "Mental
Exercise" may have some application with CW practice.

I wasn't going to make any New Year's Resolutions, except to give my
best effort to just  "maintaining. "   However,  I        think  that
I'll endeavor to spend some time each week on the HF Amateur frequencies
practicing CW.    It will be interesting to see if those dots & dashes
help create any alternate neural paths!   I think that I'll skip any
high tech aids like a PC and just go with the basics.   Since I have
difficulty with handwriting like many PWP, I'm going to have to do a lot
of it in  my head.  With the current upward movement in the Sunspot
cycle and the improved HF conditions, it should be interesting.    I'll
let the list know what happens.

--...    ...--      Charley Countryman N7FLA    .-  .-.