My mother-in-law has PD, and by taking Sinemet and Permax, has managed her symptoms
quite well. To see her, you wouldn't think she even has PD. She recently moved to
my city from another state, and the neuro here wants to do a more thorough
examination of her. He suspects that she may not actually have PD, but have one of
the related disorders. To help him see exactly what her condition is, he asked her
to go off all PD medicinces for one week before her next appointment.

Well, that appointment is Friday, and she's been medicine-free since Saturday
(today is Tuesday). While mom has little bits of problems, she's not doing bad at
all. Her biggest problem is depression/anxiety. A tiny tremor, a bit of
dizziness...but that's about it.

For some reason, Dad thinks the doctor is thinking of switching Mom from Sinemet to
Mirapex. I hadn't really been paying close attention to the discussion about
Mirapex, but now I wish I had. Can someone give me a brief summary of what the
perceived differences/advantages/disadvantages are? If the doctor suggests a
switch, what should we ask him?

If the switch will help, that's good; but if it just sets us up for more trouble,
I'd want to  be sure that's a smart move.

Thanks,
Maggie
cg for Bernie, 78/3