Dear Listmembers!

I am also on SS-L (sjogren's syndrom list), and in my introduction I
wrote that we have both PD and Sjogren's syndrom in our family. Do any
of you know something about any combination/connections between the two
diseases?
Also Carol from Illinnois is interested in the same subject and send me
a letter. please read the letter.  I have her E-mail address if you want
to get in contact with her, she would love to her from you! Or I have
promised I will forward any information to her.

Carol, in snowy Illinois, wrote:
"I am on the Sjogren's Syndrome(SS) list... I read your email about
having SS and Parkinsons Disease.. My mother, who died in 1995 at age
81, had Sjogren's, Parkinsons, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, (which is
inflammation of all the arteries in the head and shoulders)
Fibromyalgia, and Bleritis (not sure of the spelling, but it is when the
eyes blink rapidly and very often), plus she had Altopica, which is
extensive hair loss...   I
am a 57 yr old female, I got Fibromyalgia in 1981, and have had the
Sjogrens symptoms for years but was only diagnosed about a year ago.I
now have also got Polymyalgia Rheumatica too... So, I am just waiting
for the Parkinsons Disease mom had too.. Mom had a cousin with
parkinsons too... He is about 67 yrs. old now and doing pretty good so
far.. I am convinced that the auto immune disorders all run together
called Multiple auto immune disorders... My doctor has heard of that
too..I am not sure if Parkinsons is in that catagory, but it seems
ironic that mom had all she had, plus Parkinsons.. If I get it, then I
will be sure.. I pray I don't.. I have enough to keep me busy now.. Have
you ask that question on the Parkinsons list?  Let me know if you find
anything out about the connection...I am tired a lot, have many
aches and pains, dry mouth, nose, eyes, and skin.. I have flares with
the Fibro when the weather changes worst of all. It is snowy and cold
here so that is my worst times...Carol."

From Hallvard in Copenhagen.